Trip to Hothersall Lodge
Sunday 17th September – Monday 18th September
Sunday 24th September – Monday 25th September
Hothersall Lodge is situated in a secluded and picturesque corner of the beautiful Ribble Valley.
- Mr Sutcliffe – Trip Leader/Assistant Headteacher
- Miss Mercer –Head of Year 7
- Miss Brown- Lead teacher of Geography
- Mr Harding – School EVC & First Aider
Day of Departure
- Depart Cardinal Allen – 9.45 am
- Pupils to come to school in warm clothing to walk around Preston. It is supposed to rain so a coat is needed!!
- Day of departure pupils need to bring a pack lunch and a water bottle.
- Sunday group meet in the car park.
- DAY 1 – Straight to Preston to conduct an urban field study. Return to Hothersall, settle in, fire drill practice etc.
- Afternoon / evening written work based on the days activities.
- DAY 2 – River study along two sites of the River Wyre.
What you need to bring
- Plenty of warm clothing
- Full set of waterproofs (if you have them)
- Walking boots / wellington boots
- Pair of trainers
- Indoor shoes / slippers
- Personal toiletries & towel(s)
- 2 changes of clothes
- Miss Mercer is in charge of dispensing all medication as and when required.
- All medication needs to be handed in to Miss Mercer in a clear plastic bag with pupil name and instructions on.
- All medication to Miss Mercer on Sunday morning before departure.
- Inhalers – pupils to have one on them and a spare one in the medical box (check dates)
Day of Return
- Arrive Cardinal Allen @ 3.00 pm – *traffic dependent – keep an eye on Twitter
If there are any changes or updates, please see a member of staff at the end of this meeting.
- Alcohol and other narcotic substances are not permitted. Students found in possession of such items will face fixed term exclusion from school on our return.
- Students are not to go into other rooms.
- Students are representing the staff and the school. Therefore, we expect the highest standards of co operation, behaviour, and attitude at all times.
- Students will follow all instructions.
- Cigarettes are not permitted.
- Mobile phones are not permitted.
- The use of any social networking sites is not permitted.
- Mobile phones Permitted on day one only!!
- Emergency contact card will be given to each group.
- Any outstanding balances need to be paid ASAP – school finance office
- Any questions contact Mr Sutcliffe