Assistant Catering Manager
The governors of this very successful school wish to appoint a highly organised and efficient Assistant Catering Manager to assist in managing the Catering Facility and be able to stand in for the Catering Manager when required. The successful candidate will be required to hold a recognised qualification in Catering/Cooking or relevant experience. Candidates will also have to demonstrate an awareness of legislation surrounding allergens and school food standards which both restrict and prescribe the types of foods which can be served in Schools and how to apply these to menus.
This is a permanent position - working 33.75 hours per week, term time only plus up to two days cleaning time. The salary is pro-rate which is between £14,147 to £15,121 per year. The hours expected to work are Monday to Friday from 7.15am to 2.15pm with 15 minutes’ break.
The Assistant Catering Management Responsibilities:
- Assisting in the management of catering facility including responsibility for `hands on¿ involvement in preparation of cooking and service of all types of meals
- Assisting in the maintenance and development of an attractive and nutritious set of menus which will offer variety to pupils and be in line with the current Nutritional Standards for Schools regulations, including any future requirements as they arise
- To assist in the Line Management of the Catering Staff conducting periodic appraisals as required
- In conjunction with the Catering Manager, in line with requirements of HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) in relation to food safety regulations, responsible for the ordering and acceptance of deliveries and accounting for fresh, frozen and dry foodstuffs from agreed suppliers
- In line with the above HACCP assist in stock control, appropriate storage, rotation of stock, maintenance of sufficient supplies and periodic stock taking and associated records; quantities, temperatures etc.
- Assist in the use of standard recipes, that are fully costed in relation to recipe and portion size, in line with budgetary control
- To assist in the induction and training of new staff
- To share responsibility for the standards of cleanliness and hygiene of the catering premises and equipment
- To maintain statutory standards of personal hygiene and health and safety as required by current regulations.
- To administer and operate the Cashless Dining System and share responsibility for the collection and accounting for cash placed in the re-valuers and present cash and supporting documentation to the Finance Office on a daily basis when the kitchen is in operation.
- To attend occasional training and meetings, on or off site
- To undertake other duties commensurate with the position of Assistant Catering Manager
Cardinal Allen is a progressive, oversubscribed, 'outstanding Catholic school', seeking to build on its success. Leadership and behaviour were both judged as outstanding in our most recent Ofsted inspection and we are determined to continue to provide the very best for the pupils in our care.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
If you are interested in, and believe you have the necessary skills, please feel free to call the school's Business Manager, Mrs Jane Abra for an informal discussion or to arrange to visit the school prior to application.
Please return your completed application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or in the post FAO Mrs J Abra